Cape Cod Residential Roofers
Do I Need A New Roof?
ContactA�Cape Cod residential roofers, Baltic Company, if you feel your roof needs to be repaired or replaced. Read below to see which most likely describes your roof situation.
Evaluating Key Danger Signals
Does your roof need repair or replacement? Look carefully for the following signs of a failing roof, like:
- Leakage in the attic after wind-driven rain or ice build-up
- Blistering and peeling of interior and/or exterior paint
- Stains, mold, or mildew growth on interior ceilings and walls
- Exterior decay of sheathing and/or siding
- Missing, cracked, or curled shingles
Call Baltic Company for information and for a free estimate. You don’t even need to be at home for us to thoroughly inspect your roof. Our experience allows us to recognize immediately the products used in the construction of your roof, and we can usually estimate its age and how long it will be before a replacement is needed. If you have some leaks, the chances are that we can make some short term repairs and keep you going for a year or two until your budget will withstand a major project on your home.
How To Inspect For Damage
It is a good idea to inspect your roof regularly, particularly since Cape Cod weather can be extreme. You can inspect your roof yourself, either by climbing on your roof or by using binoculars from the ground.
If you choose to go up on the roof yourself, remember to always utilize proper safety equipment to prevent falls or injury. We highly recommend not to go on your roof. Have a professional roofer do it instead.
Here are just some of the ways to inspect for damage:
- Check flashing for damage or for inadequate coverage
- Look under eaves and overhangs for damage that might mean water leakage
- Examine shingles for any that are missing, cracked, curled, torn, or warped
- Look for any open seams or joints that could lead to leaking
- Look for popped or rusted nails, or stains around nails
- Check for unevenness, sagging, or unsound areas
- Inspect your sources of roof ventilation — are they clogged, do you have ventilation, is there enough ventilation?
- Inspect gutters for sagging, signs of leaks, and accumulation of granules
- Check for dark patches or growth
- Check around pipes and roof penetrations to make sure they are sealed and in good shape
- Look inside the attic for signs of leaks, dark spots, holes, or sagging sheathing
For those who are uncomfortable with the idea of walking around their roof, the safest and most thorough option is to contact a professional Cape Cod residential roofers to do the inspection and estimate.
Top residential roofers
Best home roofing contractor throughout Cape Cod
Best house roofing company from Bourne to Barnstable to Chatham to Provincetown
Expert roofers near me. We cover all of the Cape and Islands
One of the best residential roofing companies on Cape Cod
Highly rated roof contractor that installs according to warranty requirements